The Telesis 3.0 is the third generation of the Telesis student training system.
Beginning in 1988 with the original design, the Telesis student skydiving rig has become the #1 best selling student training system in the world. It has set the standard by which all others aspire to.
The following are areas where the Telesis excels:
- The highest quality- RI is known for it’s legendary quality.
- Rugged and durable.
- Each generation has been technically more advanced than the competition.
- Easy to use - Simple and easy for the student to operate.
- Rigger friendly - Not just a saying but true. One of the simplest systems to pack and maintain.
- Cost effective, they last long and are easy to maintain.
- 4 different sizes means that there is a size for all sizes of individuals and canopy combinations.
Building your Student System for your Operation
- The harness and container is provided with all the component parts of the reserve and main.
- To complete your package, you must "add" the cost of the main deployment parts for the type of training used at your drop zone.
- For Example: If your training is AFF-BOC only, the price of the AFF-BOC parts must be added to the base price of the Telesis.
Note About Training Applications
- If your training includes both "Free fall" with a main spring pilotchute and AFF-BOC the container can only be set up with ONE type of Main Over-ride Deployment (MOD) handle for the "off-side" jumpmaster.
- You may choose either the MOD pillow handle for use with the spring pilotchute or the MOD loop handle for the throw-out pilotchute. The MOD handles are not interchangeable or compatible with either types of deployment.
Container highlights include:
- Reserve pin protector flap has a replaceable transparent window for jumpmaster checks
- Cypres window is located at the top of the container for easy accessibility
- Reserve side deployment handle insures easy access during AFF training jumps
The container planform is based on the successful Talon FS design. Designed to ride higher on the back, the containers are narrower and contoured to fit the body. The reserve pin protector flap has a replaceable transparent window for jumpmaster checks. The Cypres window is located at the top of the container for easy accessibility and protection. The main pin protector flap is the popular upward closing configuration for ease of use and security. The riser covers use the tuck flap design for greater holding capability and durability.
The standard main deployment configuration is the AFF/BOC throw out pilot chute system. A reserve side deployment handle ensures easy access during AFF training jumps. Built-in channels provide for installation of a ripcord housing and the use of a conventional spring launched pilot chute in the BOC ripcord configuration.
The 3-ring release is standard in a Two Action System configuration. An SOS is also available. Full metal release housings are standard. A Reserve Static Line system is standard.
Harness highlights include:
- V-Flex leg straps stay firmly in place and provides superior comfort under canopy
- Adjustable horizontal back strap keeps the container from shifting in freefall
The harness is an adjustable version of the most successful and comfortable articulated harness ever designed. Based on the Voodoo Multi-Flex design, Sandy Reid, the patent holder for the articulated harness, has developed an advanced version that incorporates a continuously adjustable horizontal back strap that holds the container firmly into the small of the back and keeps the containers from shifting in freefall. At the same time, this new design provides greater adjustability over a wider range of body sizes. The Voodoo V-Flex leg strap stays firmly in place during ground movement and provides superior comfort under canopy. While most students cannot tell the difference between different harness designs, they can tell when a design is uncomfortable. There is no reason for the student jumper to have a harness that is any less comfortable than that worn by their instructor or jumpmaster. The leg strap is a true double wide design with high density, extendable leg pads for maximum comfort and fit. The adjustable main lift web is available is available in two size ranges- (A) XS-Med and (B) Sm-Lg.
The standard color configuration is a two color pattern with black trim and black harness. Custom embroidery is available as a cost option.
The TSO identification is located on the backpad, in the pullup cord pocket. Insert hand into the pocket and pull upward. The serial number, container size and date of manufacture are located on this label.RI Harness Label
All RI harnesses are identified with the date of manufacture and serial number located on the inside right rear reserve riser.